Saturday, November 10, 2012

Busy, Rainy Saturday


Rain returned to Lyon today but that would not stop me in the least. The morning was spent shopping for groceries, getting a haircut and beard trim and washing. I had to go to the laundromat today as my bedding needed washing. There is no real good way to dry these linens without a dryer in this drizzle.

In the afternoon I headed back to the library to check out another five DVDs for my impending FedEx vigil this coming Monday as I once again await the delivery of my new computer.

Again.

I opted to eat lunch in the Vieux Lyon district at Cafe Restaurant Du Solieil. They served me a TREMENDOUS quenelle St. Jacques! The sauce was rich, delicious and oh so good for me! The mandatory small bottle of white wine was parfait as well.

Once back in The Villa, it was time to turn on ESPN America to watch the College Game Day show, funny and insightful as usual. Our featured college game to start the evening here was 9-0 Louisville at 4-5 Syracuse. It did not look attractive on paper but it turned out to be a big time upset by the Orangemen who looked very sharp today.

Sunday marks our season opener here in France. Your Bron-Villeurbanne Falcons (0-0) will make the short drive to play the league co-leading Lyon Les Gones (1-0). A crosstown rivalry just adds to the excitement of what should be a very tough game for the Falcons.


Reading Is FUNdamental


Today I finished another of the Lyon Library's fun anthologies. This one featured three short stories by Ernest Hemingway. The first story was Fifty Grand about boxing followed by a bullfighting tale called The Undefeated and finally some noir thoughts titled The Killers.

Interesting read.

GO FALCONS!!!

No comments: