Monday, September 27, 2010

American Football Updates


Scores of interest to me over the past weekend. . .


Friday night High School results,
San Marcos JV 21 - Hueneme JV 0
Michael Contreras' J.V. team dropped to 1-3 but he felt they played much better this week. Hang in there Vikings.

Rio Mesa 48 - Santa Barbara 29
The Spartans are now 2-1.

Saturday's College results,
Washington (1-2) had a much needed bye as they prepare for the PAC-10 opener this Saturday at U.S.C.

Jason Johnson's Pacific Lutheran (2-0) squad also had a bye as they get ready to take on their cross town rivals, the University of Puget Sound Loggers for bragging rights in Tacoma.

¿Does anybody really want to have bragging rights in Tacoma?

Sunday's NFL result,
Scott Fujita's snakebit Cleveland Browns (0-3) lost another close one, this time to the Baltimore Ravens, 24-17. The Browns have now lost all three of their 2010 games by a grand total of 12 points. Hang in there Browns.

2 comments:

itzbfitz said...

¿What about the UCLA Bruins' 34-12 spanking of the Texas Longhorns?

steveswindle said...

May I do a bit of hijacking?

My son Joey, whom I coach on the Camarillo Cougars J2Gold team scored his first ever TD of his life!!!! He played on the 'O' and "D" lines his first four years, this year he moved to Fullback and Outside Linebacker.
Our team was on the 2 yard line and the Offensive Coordinator called a 22 Dive and Joey plowed through the line with five kids on his back.....I could hear him grunting and yelling from the sideline as he bulled his way through. It made me proud as heck and happy for him. I LOVE youth football@!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I promised him one hundred dollars when he scored his first TD...my wallet is a bit lighter today.