Monday, February 9, 2009

A Monday in Catania


On Monday we did a little grocery shopping, talked a little football and toured a little more of the city of Catania to get Paul a little more comfortable with his new surroundings.

Artistic Pay Back

The story here is that the artist, who was commissioned to build this edifice for the Roman Catholic Church, was unhappy because of the Church's meddling with his plans.  As a result his final adornment for the building were these various human and animal figures for the balcony over the main entrance.  Note that figure in the center is grabbing a part of his anatomy that expresses the artists feelings towards Holy Mother Church.

Paul Tastes His First Cannolo

It is safe to say that he is hooked!

Arm Circles... We're Doing Arm Circles!

Crazy exercise from the 1950's but what the heck, it may be the Chaos Theory at its finest!  Good work tonight at practice, we're getting better.

Gustavo explaining the inner workings of the Catania Bus System.

Paul does NOT want to drive in Catania and is trying to figure out how to navigate the town by bus.  This may be a tough one.

They are seen at Jonica's Pizzeria in Aci Castello after our Monday night practice. Going to Jonica's after the Monday practice was a tradition we started last season and it is still a good one.

DB Techniques

Larry and Christian got into a deep discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of Cover 3 vs. Cover 1 after eating their pizzas or not.

Jason Johnson and his wife Christie blow into town tomorrow evening... batten down the hatches Catania!!!
 

2 comments:

Eric Slivoskey said...

Greetings George,

My name is Eric Slivoskey and I just wanted to take the time to thank you for providing some information about coaching overseas. I followed your advice and set myself up on the europlayers website. Since our last conversation back in early November, I have been named the head coach of a team in Finland called the Seinajoki Crocodiles. I am excited about this opportunity and I will be heading over to Scandinavia in early May. My family will get the chance to follow me a few weeks later. Anyway, I want to wish you the best for this season. I have traveled extensively in Europe, but have never had the chance to spend an extended amount of time there. Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog too. We share many of the same interests in travel, food, history, football, and most importantly good friends and a close family. Thanks for lighting the torch for me and contributing to my pursuit of a dream. I started a blog about a week ago. If you have any interest in it, the blog can be accessed at http://coachingoutofbounds.blogspot.com

Best regards,

Eric

George said...

Eric,

FANTASTIC!!!

I'll be on your blog regularly, GOOD LUCK in Finland!

George