Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Scenes of Catania on a Rainy Thursday


A typical and, of course, beautiful Sicilian courtyard street entrance.
 
This is the street sign that leads you to "Malibu".
We live on a private road to be sure.

This is Catania's Hall of Justice.
For awhile I thought I might be spending a significant amount of time here.
Thank you again Davide and Gustavo!!!

Matt is in Roma with Jason today but I'll bet he is still eating a nutella cornetto as you read this.

These stone masons are actually helping to restore an ancient building in downtown Catania using original carving techniques.
On my walk around town today I saw this new billboard. I ordered four of them on line and they should be here by Monday. I wonder what I bought?

Agip is one of the big gas station chains in Sicilia.
You have to love a company that has a six legged, fire breathing dog for a logo!

This translates as "Danger of Death", I stepped on it anyway.

Sometimes you just have to take the law into your own hands! Here a citizen takes over as traffic cop for the real one on coffee break in the background.

2 comments:

DPLassen said...

The real surprise here isn't the citizen filling in for the traffic cop ... it's that there was a traffic cop in the first place!

George said...

Traffic, what traffic?