Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Matt's Bucket List

I've finally been able to upload six pictures onto last two days of blogging and have revised the blog's text for these days also.

After a fairly calm day yesterday, Matt and I went on the hunt looking to eat lasagna for dinner in Aci Trezza. We stopped at about 5 or 6 different places, all had pastas but none had lasagna. We decided to eat at a ristorante with a second floor view of the harbor.

It was here that things got interesting for Matt, after I ordered the veal cutlet alla milanese, he picked spaghetti alla vongole not knowing exactly what it was past the word spaghetti. Alla vongole is a sauce made olive oil, butter, garlic and chopped parsley, so far so good for Matt. The final ingredient is clams, lots of them with their shells, which he had never eaten before. Matt, to his gastronomic delight, has now taken clams off of his bucket list! WELL DONE!

Matt's clam eating I'm sure was part of the reason he woke up at 10:30 a.m. today, maybe it was my knocking on his door. All of Sicily mourned his now failed attempt at setting the last two significant island sleeping records he had not broken. I should have let him sleep.

Matt says he is not comfortable driving a stick shift in town, especially going uphill after being stopped. As you may know I used to teach Drivers Training in my young and carefree days. I have volunteered to take him on some back roads for a refresher course. I told Davide I would only charge the Elephants about 40 euros an hour for this service, I don't think he's going for it.

Practice at 8:00 p.m. tonight at the University's small Astroturf field with QB's DB's and WR's only. Cold, rainy and VERY windy today, tonight could be interesting if the weather stays like this.

No comments: